Rules and Procedures
1. Driver and vehicle safety equipment must meet NHRA/IHRA safety requirements.
2. It is the driver and car owner’s responsibility to insure safety regulations and standards are met and maintained.
It is the driver’s responsibility to wear the appropriate driver’s
jackets and/or suits meeting NHRA/IHRA requirements for vehicle and
4. A one time technical inspection by the race
director is required on all new cars before the vehicle can participate
at a Classic Gasser Event.
5. A solo shakedown pass is required before qualifying starts on new, repaired vehicles or unproven/ untested vehicles.
Must be 1975 or older. All current member’s
vehicles are grandfathered in this ruling as long as they own that
2. Body must be complete; front fenders, doors, trunk /deck lid, hood, and roof unless it is a convertible
3. Doors must open.
4. Top may be chopped.
5. Body may be channeled or sectioned.
6. Body must maintain look of original car.
7. Cars must be painted. A 4 week grace period given to new members or recently completed cars.
8. Wings and spoilers allowed.
1. NHRA/IHRA regulations will be followed depending on track sanction. It is suggested all cars meet
chassis and safety requirements. See NHRA/IHRA rulebooks for general
and specific chassis and safety information. All vehicles will be
required to have a certified chassis for their index before 2009 season.
2. Must have 3 inch minimum ground clearance.
Car must be left or right hand steer; no center steering. Driver
location ahead, beside or behind engine accepted. Safety apparel
regulations for driver location must be followed, see NHRA/IHRA
rulebook for details
4. Wheelbase 90” min, 120” max.
1. Any engine combination.
1. Tunnel rams, carburetors, injectors all allowed. Any combination. Electronic fuel injection is Prohibited.
1. Blowers, turbos, centrifugal superchargers, Nitrous oxide allowed . Any combination.
Nitrous must be manually activated by driver . No electronic timing
systems for activation and / or deactivation of nitrous systems.
1. Must have full headers, zoomie, weedburner , or otherwise.
1. Gasoline or Alcohol only
Throttle stops and down track controls Prohibited. No pneumatic
throttle controls. 2-Steps allowed 2. The use of delay box for launch
aid or nitrous activation or deactivation is Strictly Prohibited!!!
1. All cars must run at or no more than 5 % above of their class index..
2. If cars cannot run within the guidelines for their index they can move to a slower index.